About ICT Directorate
The ICT Directorate was established in 2010 by the University council to build and improve a sustainable ICT infrastructure to support teaching, learning, and research in achieving the University’s vision of producing high-level, career-focused, and skilled manpower to support the country’s industrial growth.
To build and improve a sustainable ICT infrastructure to support teaching, learning, and research.
The ICT Directorate has five (5) Sections/Units namely;
1. Hardware Repairs and Maintenance
- Responsible for Repairs, maintenance, and servicing of all computer systems, Printers, and Photocopiers of the University.
- Offer technical user support for all users of the University computer systems
2. MIS and Support Services
- Responsible for the Management of the University’s, Management Information Systems (MIS), Students Information Portal (SIP), E-Learning System, and all DBMS (Database Management System) applications of the University.
- Support lecturers and students on the use of digital e-learning platforms and the use of all the university’s online applications.
3. Web and Application Development
- Responsible for the management of the University website and all web applications of the university.
- Development of new systems, updates, and upgrades of existing systems.
- This section works hand-in-hand with the MIS and Support Services Unit.
4. Networking and Communication
- responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the local and wide area networks of the University to ensure maximum uptime for users.
- designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
5. Multimedia Services
- responsible for creating multimedia designs, video documentaries, multimedia presentations, animations, and graphics to the University’s website.
- responsible for the Public Address (PA) systems for teaching and learning and events such as graduations, university gatherings, etc.
ICT Directorate Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the ICT Directorate include;
- directing and managing computing and information technology strategic plans,
policies, programmes, and schedules for academic and finance data processing,
computer services, network communications, and management information
services to accomplish the goals and objectives of the University.
- establishing the University infrastructure to support and guide individual
divisions/faculties/departments/campuses in computing and information
- assessing new computing technologies to determine the potential value for the
- identifying, emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and
introduced within the University.
- overseeing the development, design, and implementation of new applications and
changes to existing computer systems and software packages;
(o) the development, review, and certification of all backup and disaster recovery
procedures and plans.
- designing and facilitating integrated and sound IT architecture for the University.
- improvement in teaching delivery and aided technologies.
- developing and maintaining, and facilitating the implementation of a sound and
integrating IT architecture.
- directing the information and data integrity of the University and its business
- developing strategic plans and implementing the objectives of the information
technology needs of the university to ensure the computer capabilities are
responsive to the needs of the University’s growth and objectives.
- developing and establishing operating policies and approaches for computing and
- evaluating overall operations of computing and information technology functions
and recommending enhancements.
|1||Emmanuel Opoku Debrah||Director – ICT|
|2||Alfred Akuffo-Mante||Junior Assistant ICT Officer|
|3||Charles Asamoah Karikari||Junior Assistant ICT Officer (Head – MIS and Support Services)|
|4||Florence Agyeiwaa||Junior Assistant ICT Officer|
|5||Edward Godwill Ofosuapea||Chief ICT Assistant (Head – Multimedia Services)|
|6||Emmanuel Eric Kakraba||Chief ICT Assistant|
|7||Albert Fiifi Kumi||Principal ICT Assistant (Head – Hardware Repairs and Maintenance)|
|8||Duncan Glavee||Principal ICT Assistant|
|9||Emmanuel Baffour Okyere||Principal ICT Assistant (Head – Networking and Communication)|
|10||Bernard Ifaar Sundiata||Principal ICT Assistant (Webmaster)|
|11||Stephen Asamoah Boateng||Senior ICT Assistant|
|12||Martey Francis||Senior ICT Assistant|
|13||McLutterodt Tawiah||Senior ICT Assistant|
|14||Patrick Otu-Akwa||Senior ICT Assistant|
|15||Solomon Okai Bosompem||Senior ICT Assistant|
|16||Paul Antwi||Senior ICT Assistant|
|17||Stephen Agyei Frimpong||ICT Assistant|
|18||Bernard Kweku Nyarko||Senior ICT Clerk|