AIMS OF THE UNIVERSITY
- The aims of Koforidua Technical University are to provide higher education in engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines as the Council of the University may, in consultation with the National Council for Tertiary Education determine in accordance with the following principles:
- (a) higher education shall be made equally accessible to all persons suitably qualified and capable of benefiting from education and training offered at the University:
- (b) programmes of study shall take into consideration the multiplicity of scientific theories and methodologies;
- (c) use competency based and practice-oriented approach in teaching, organization and delivery of courses;
- (d) develop strong linkages and collaboration with relevant industries, businesses, professional bodies and technical experts in the design and delivery of progammes;
- (e) offer programmes and courses within the mandate of the University;
- (f) Provide opportunities for technical and professional skills development, applied research and publication of research finding.
- (g) Provide facilities for and engage in teaching and research for the purpose of promoting the advancement and dissemination of learning and knowledge with particular reference to the needs and aspirations of the people of Ghana and the furtherance of co-operation between African States.
- For the purpose of achieving its aims, the University shall have Schools, faculties, Institutes, Departments and Centres approved and accredited by institutions responsible for tertiary education and accreditation.
FUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE UNIVERSITYFUNCTIONS AND POWERS OF THE UNIVERSITY
- The University may:
(a) Award degrees including honorary degree, diplomas, certificates and
other qualifications agreed upon by the Council established under
Section 5 of the Act.
(b) Offer Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes
i. approved by the National Council for Tertiary Education;
ii. accredited by the National Accreditation Board; and
iii. examined and certified by the National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations
(c) Provide for the general welfare, recreational and social needs of staff and
students of University;
(d) Enter into an agreement or relationship with other institutions whether teaching
or non-teaching; in or outside Ghana and may incorporate within the
University other liabilities of that institution or body,
(e) Exercise powers that are incidental to the achievement of the aims of the
- The University may withdraw a degree, diploma or certificate it has awarded if it has evidence that proves that:
(a) The degree, diploma or certificate was obtained through fraud, academic malpractice; or
(b) The process of acquiring the degree, diploma or certificate was tainted by an act that in the opinion of the University undermines the integrity of the award.
- The University may subject to Section 31 of Act 922 as amended:
(a) Acquire properties by purchase
(b) Hold and manage movable and immovable properties
(c) Sell, lease and mortgage properties
(d) Enter into other transactions which are necessary or expedient for the furtherance of its aims.