Owusu-Acheaw is the Librarian of Koforidua Technical University and wants to assist individuals for their information needs, assist schools and local communities to establish libraries and enable individuals to develop an interest in libraries and enhance their reading habits.
- Library Management and Leadership
- Research on Motivational Issues
- Practices & Staff Development.
- Doctoral Student (PhD) in Information Studies at University of South Africa Pretoria, (UNISA) on going – 2019
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Information Studies, University of Ghana, Legon – 2015 – 2016
- Master of Arts (MA) in Library Studies, University of Ghana, Legon – 1997 – 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in History and Classics (BA Hons), University of Cape-Coast, Cape Coast – 1989 – 1993
- Diploma in Education, University of Cape Coast, Cape Cost – 1990 – 1992
- General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (“A” Level) – Oda Secondary School, Akim Oda – 1985 – 1987
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level ( “O” Level) – Ejisuman Secondary School, Ejisu-Ashanti – 1980 – 1985
- Librarian, Koforidua Technical University – 2019
- Deputy Librarian, Koforidua Technical University – 2017
- Senior Assistant Librarian, Koforidua Polytechnic, Koforidua – 2008
- Acting Librarian, Koforidua Technical University – 2000
- Assistant Librarian, Koforidua Polytechnic, Koforidua – 1999
- Librarian – National Council on Women and Development (NCWD), Accra – 1998 – 1999.
- Tutor, S. D. A. Training College, Asokore – Koforidua – 1996 – 1997
- Tutor, Abetifi Presby Secondary School, Abetifi Kwahu – 1993 – 1996
- Owusu-Acheaw Michael: “Professional Development Programmes and their Effect on Staff Performance: A Study of Technical University Libraries in Ghana.” International Journal of Advanced Library and Information Science 2019, vol.,7, Issue 1,pp.456-469.
- Owusu-Acheaw Michael and Harry Akussah “Professional Development of Library Staff in Ghana’s Polytechnic: How Proactive are the Staff and how Committed are the Management?” Journal of Information Science, System and Technology, Vol 2, No.2, 2018.
- Owusu-Acheaw Michael “Professional Development Programmes for Polytechnic Library Staff in Ghana. Challenges and Prospects”, Library Philosophy and Practice.7- 24-2017.
- Edward Asante, Patrick Baayal and Michael Owusu-Acheaw “Trends in the use of E-Resources and E-Services for National Development. The role of the 21st Century Information Professional” Ghana Library Journal26, No 12, 2016
- Michael Owusu-Acheaw “Social Media Usage and Its Impact on Reading Habits: A Study of Koforidua Polytechnic Students”. International Journal of Social Media and Interactive Learning Environment. 4, No. 3, 2016.
- Michael Owusu-Acheaw and Edward Asante “Challenges of Academic Research in Ghana: Views from Koforidua Polytechnic, Ghana”, Journal of Social Science and Humanities Research Vol. 1, Issue 4, April 2016.
- Agatha, Gifty Larson & Michael Owusu–Acheaw “Information Needs of Distance Learners: A Case of Winneba Study Centre, University of Education, Winneba, Ghana”. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, July 2016. Vol. 17, No. 3, Article 5
- Owusu – Acheaw Micheal & Agatha Gifty Larson “Use of Social Media and its impact on Academic Performance of Tertiary Institution Students: A study of Students of Koforidua Polytechnic”, Journal of Education and Practice, Vol. 4, No.3.
- Owusu-Acheaw Michael & Agatha Gifty Larson, “Effective Use of Library Resources: A Case Study of Business Students of Koforidua Polytechnic, Ghana |Information and Knowledge Management, Vol. 4, No.12.
- Edward Asante & Owusu-Acheaw Michael, “Use and User Perception of Electronic Information Resources. Experience of Koforidua Polytechnic, Ghana’’ ADRRI Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, July 2014. Vol. 4, No.4 (1).
- Michael Owusu-Acheaw – “Reading Habits among Students and its Effect on Academic Performance: A study of Students of Koforidua Polytechnic’ – Library of Philosophy & Practice, 6-5-2014.
- Agatha, Gifty Larson & Michael Owusu –Acheaw- “Undergraduate Students Satisfaction with Library Services in a Faculty Library in University of Education, Winneba” – Library of Philosophy and Practice,9-24-2012.
- Owusu-Acheaw “Motivation and Rewards in Attracting and Retaining Library Staff in Academic Libraries: A Case Study of Some Selected Polytechnics” Ghana Library Journal Vol. 20, 2009.
- Owusu-Acheaw Staff Development and Employee welfare Practices and their Effect on Productivity in three Special Libraries in Ghana” Ghana Library Journal vol. 19, 2007.
- Owusu-Acheaw “Staff Motivation in Special Libraries in Ghana” Ghana Library Journal Vol. 15, 2003.