The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancies for the positions of Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Director of Finance and Librarian, and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the positions which become vacant on 1st October, 2023.
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity and impact.
The University currently has a total student population of 8,500 students and a total staff population of 651. For more information use the following links Policies & Documents
The Position/FUNCTIONS OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
The Vice-Chancellor is the academic and administrative head and the chief disciplinary officer of the University. The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University and is responsible to Council for organising and conducting the academic, financial, and administrative business of the University as well as ensuring the efficiency of the University. All other functions of the Vice-Chancellor are as prescribed by the Statutes of the University.
A candidate seeking appointment as Vice-Chancellor of the University must:
- Be of a Professorial Status
- Be an internationally acclaimed academic and/or distinguished scholar.
- Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff.
- Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills.
- Be circumspect and above reproach.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage and control crisis situations.
- Be visionary, business oriented and be able to establish rapport between industry and the University for a common purpose.
- Be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment.
- Have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and development activities of the University.
- Be able to serve a full FOUR-YEAR Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FOUR (4) YEARS in the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of four (4) years or part thereof.
- Salary and Conditions of Service attached to the position are very attractive.
MODE OF Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter together with the following:
- Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
- A Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University, which should not exceed 1,200 words.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Vice-Chancellor of Koforidua Technical University.”
The Position OF THE REGISTRAR
The Registrar, who is the Chief Operating Officer under the Vice-Chancellor is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the University. The Registrar is the Secretary to Council and all other Boards and Statutory Committees of the University. He/she provides strategic advice and briefings to the Vice-Chancellor and is expected to provide leadership and management across a number of administrative activities in the University.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A person seeking appointment as Registrar must have:
- A minimum of Master’s degree preferably in Administration and/or Management related fields of study;
- Served as a Registrar or Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years on the Deputy Registrar position;
- Excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills;
- A deep appreciation of the higher education landscape in Ghana;
- A strong proven sense of public morality and integrity, and
- Considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of internal and external publics; and
- Appreciable knowledge in Information Communication and Technology.
Terms of Appointment
- The Registrar shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only provided that no part of the renewed term enters the compulsory retirement age.
- Salary and Conditions attached to the position are very attractive
MODE OF Application
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with
- SIX (6) copies of the Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
- A statement of Candidate’s Vision for the University, which should not exceed three pages.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Appointment as Registrar of Koforidua Technical University.”
THE POSITION OF DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Director of Finance is a top management person who heads a major division of the University, the Finance Office. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the Financial Administration of the University in accordance with the Public Management Act, 2016 (Act 922).
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
- Be a Chartered Accountant and hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Be a member of a recognized professional accountancy body and in good standing.
- Have at least twelve (12) years post-professional accountancy experience in a tertiary institution, industry, or any relevant public service or corporate organization.
- Have served as a Deputy Director of Finance in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/ organization for at least six (6) years.
In addition, applicants must:
- Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
- Possess hands-on ability to work independently;
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Be a good team player
- Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software;
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Possess proactive commercial flair.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Finance shall:
- Be the Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Vice -Chancellor;
- Have general responsibility of the financial affairs of the University that will ensure its financial health exercise direct superintendence over all accounting officers;
- Be responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due to the University;
- Exercise control over expenditure in line with the University’s objectives and budgets;
- Be responsible for preparing the annual budget of the University for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation;
- Be responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the University are drawn up in accordance with the Technical Universities Act 2016, Act 992, the harmonized Statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other Regulations approved by the University as well as other relevant national laws and regulations;
- Liaise with the appointed external auditors to get the University’s financial statements audited.
TERM OF OFFICE
The Director of Finance shall hold office for four (4) years and may, upon application, be eligible for re-appointment for a further term only, provided that no part of the second term enters the compulsory retirement age.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive and will be specified in the letter of appointment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit the following listed documents:
- Six (6) copies of Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae together with relevant supporting documents, and
- A Three-Page Vision Statement.
The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Director of Finance of Koforidua Technical University”
- Applicants are to provide three referees details and should request that their three (3) referees submit report on them under seal and each should deliver separately to the address below.
THE POSITION/FUNCTIONS OF THE LIBRARIAN
The Librarian is the head of the University Library. The Librarian shall be responsible for the provision of adequate and current information resources to support teaching, learning and research of the University. The Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in the management of the Library Department. All other functions of the Librarian are as prescribed by the Statutes of the University.
A person seeking appointment as Librarian of the University must:
- Possess a postgraduate research degree (MPhil) in Library or Information Science related studies. A PhD in Library or Information Science will be an advantage
- Have at least ten (10) years post qualification working experience not below the rank of a Deputy Librarian or analogous position in a tertiary institution or relevant public service organisation
- Be conversant with library software or library records management software which is consistent with the University’s vision and mission
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) cumulative publications
- Have proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff
- Exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organisational skills
- Be able to ensure that adequate library and information resources are available to meet the needs of faculty and students within assigned budget
- Be able to effectively communicate with students, staff and external agencies
- Be able to ensure equitable access to information resources, services, facilities and systems in physical or virtual environments
- Be able to serve a full four (4) year term before attaining the compulsory retiring age of sixty (60) years
- Must be a member of Ghana Library Association or any other Library Association.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- The appointment, which is full time, shall be for four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance, for only another term of four (4 years).
- The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous Universities in Ghana.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a sealed application letter together with the following:
- Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the candidate. The applicant should ensure that the referee reports get to the Chairman by 21st August, 2023.
- A short statement of not more than 1200 words (Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining their vision and strategies for implementation
The application should be forwarded under registered cover marked “Application for Librarian of Koforidua Technical University.”
The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 21st August, 2023.
- The Chairman
Search Committee for:
- Director of Finance
C/o Head, Human Resources
Koforidua Technical University (KTU)
PO Box KF 981
Soft copies must be forwarded to