Prince is a Senior Lecturer in Construction Technology and Management. Prince’s interest is in Project Management in a global context including risk management, time and cost management, performance management, etc. Organisational learning through simulation of construction processes (project-based simulation and construction business simulation using system dynamics) and the ANP for multiple criteria decision making.
- PhD in Const & Project Mgt. (2014) Harriot Watts Univ.- UK
- MSc. Const. Project Mgt. (2009), Hans Univ of Applied Sciences, The Netherland
- HND Building Technology (2004), Kumasi Polytechnic, Ghana.
- Construction Technicians Certificate (CTC) I&II
- Construction Technicians Certificate (GCC)
- Best practice study
- Construction planning and management
- Cost value reconciliation
- Independence and interdependence study
- Infrastructure Investment justification
- Intelligent building and infrastructure systems
- Project portfolio management
- Project informatics / risk assessment/ Risk DNA
- Stakeholder and supply network integration
- Project-based and construction business simulation using system dynamics and the ANP for multiple criteria decision making.
- Corporate Member – Ghana Institute of Construction (GIOC) – 2019
- Associate Fellow – Higher Education Academy – UK (AFHEA) – 2016
- Member – American Society of Civil Engineers (MASCE) – 2014
EXTERNAL / PROFESSIONAL ROLES
- Member – European Cooperation in Science and Technology (ECOST)
- Vice President (West) – System Dynamics International, Africa Chapter. Elected in February
- International Observer: The Institute of Safety and Health Practitioners, Hong Kong. Appointed in May 2015
- External Examiner: University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
Books and Book Chapters
- Boateng, P. (2019) Risk Assessment in Construction and Engineering Projects with SDANP Plus, In: Risk Management in Engineering and Construction: Tools and Techniques (1st Edition), edited by Stephen Ogunlana and Prasanta Kumar Dey, Routledge, 458 Pages ISBN 9780415480178
- Boateng, P., Chen, Z., Ogunlana, S. O. (2017) Megaproject Risk Analysis and Simulation: A Dynamic Systems Approach. Emerald Group Publishing Ltd. ISBN
- Boateng, P. (2013) The Edinburgh Tram Network Project, Scotland, In: Megaproject portfolio (1st Edition), edited by Prof Naomi Brookes and Sarah King, University of Leeds. 341-234.
- Boateng, P. (2015) The Edinburgh Tram Network Project, Scotland, In: Megaproject portfolio (2nd Edition), edited by Prof Naomi Brookes and Mohamed H. Elmahroug, University of Leeds. 177-213.
Obiri, K. A., Bjeirmi, B., & Boateng, P. (2020). A System Thinking Approach to Human Resource Development in the Oil Industry. Journal of Energy Research and Reviews, 39-49.
Omotayo, T., Olanipekun, A., Obi, L., & Boateng, P. (2020). A systems thinking approach for incremental reduction of non-physical waste. Built Environment Project and Asset