Aim of Programme
The BTech Marketing programme is geared towards equipping graduates with the principles and practices of modern day marketing, such as digital marketing, data analytics , market research, communication and interpersonal skills required to address the problems that today’s companies face.
The applicants must have Passes (A–D) in three (3) core subjects including, English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three (3) passes in relevant elective subjects with an aggregate not exceeding 24.
The applicants must have Credit Passes (A1–C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three (3) relevant elective subjects with an aggregate not exceeding 36.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Candidates
Applicants must have Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in six (6) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examinations (GBCE).
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) Candidates
Applicants must have a Certificate in GBCE with credit passes in six (6) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies.
The applicant must be at least 25years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate, baptismal certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth. Mature applicants must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University. In addition, an applicant must have worked for a minimum of one year in related field.
Applicants from Tertiary Institutions
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Marketing/Diploma in Business Studies (DBS – Marketing Option) / Diploma in Public Relations (DPR) or any other relevant area from a recognized University, Polytechnic or Tertiary Institution.
- Diploma in Education or holders of 3 Year Teachers Certificate A with at least three years working experience.
- HND applicants with at least Second Class Lower shall be admitted at level 300.
- HND graduates with specializations other than Marketing shall start from level 200.
- DBS (Marketing)/DPR applicants with a CGPA not less than 3.0 shall be admitted at level 300. All other university diploma holders with a CGPA not less than 3.0 shall start from level 200.
Applicants with Professional Qualification
- Applicants holding level 1 of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM Ghana or UK qualification) shall start from level 200.
- Applicants holding level 2 of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM Ghana or UK qualification) shall all start from level 300.
- Applicants with level one (1) qualification of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM Ghana or UK qualification) and other related professional qualifications shall be admitted based on an entrance examination and interview performance.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GRADUATES
The graduates of the programme can find employment in the public and private sectors of the economy. Upon completion of the programme, graduates can equally set up their own businesses to provide marketing services to small scale enterprises. Some specific examples of such public and private organizations are as follows:
- Financial Institutions
- Petroleum Companies
- Educational Institutions
- Media Organizations
- Manufacturing Establishment
- Consultancy Organizations
- Utility Services
- Ministries/Agencies and Departments