The aims of Koforidua Technical University are to provide higher education in engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational education and training, applied arts and related disciplines as the Council of the University may, in consultation with the National Council for Tertiary Education determine in accordance with the following principles:
higher education shall be made equally accessible to all persons suitably qualified and capable of benefiting from education and training offered at the University:
- programmes of study shall take into consideration the multiplicity of scientific theories and methodologies;
- use a competency-based and practice-oriented approach in teaching, organization and delivery of courses;
- develop strong linkages and collaboration with relevant industries, businesses, professional bodies and technical experts in the design and delivery of programmes;
- offer programmes and courses within the mandate of the University;
- Provide opportunities for technical and professional skills development, applied research and publication of research finding.
- Provide facilities for and engage in teaching and research for the purpose of promoting the advancement and dissemination of learning and knowledge with particular reference to the needs and aspirations of the people of Ghana and the furtherance of co-operation between the African States.
For the purpose of achieving its aims, the University shall have Schools, faculties, Institutes, Departments and Centres approved and accredited by institutions responsible for tertiary education and accreditation.
To be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence in applied research and a reference point for solution to community problems.
Our mission is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills in collaboration with industry.
Innovation, integrity, impact
Commitment and teamwork