The Quality Assurance Directorate is a division under the Vice-Chancellor’s Office. It is managed by a director and a deputy director (in charge of administrative). The QAD has two sectional units namely: the Monitoring and Operations section and the Evaluation and Research section.
The monitoring and operations section
- Collects data on teaching, non-teaching staff, and students for evaluation and analysis.
- Monitors end of semester examinations.
- Monitors unethical conducts/behaviors of staff/ students and provides periodic reports
- Organizes class representative meetings on a semester basis to ascertain challenges and creating pathways for improvements.
- Conducts Students’ Evaluation of Courses (SEC) and Students’ Evaluation of Teaching (SET) every semester.
- Examines and advises on teaching loads of lecturers per semester.
- Manages information about the institution’s portfolio of courses and programs
- Ensures that the academic calendar is adhered to at all times.
- Prepares quarterly reports
- Performs all other tasks that fall under monitoring and operation.
Evaluation, Research & Statistical Section
- Conducts surveys on academic and administrative departments on various issues
- Analyses data on students, teaching and non-teaching staff
- Prepares statistical analysis and reports of lecturers’ appraisal.
- Evaluates all programs and activities undertaken by the university
- Prepares research portfolio of lecturers in the various departments
- Liaises with alumni to conduct tracer studies on past students of the university.
- Prepare quarterly report
- Performs all other tasks that fall under research and evaluation.
Accreditation: The office is involved in the accreditation processes of all programmes of the University.
Staff and Students Surveys: The office undertakes surveys on a wide range of issues relating to teaching, learning, and research involving staff and students.
Program and course evaluations: The QAD evaluates all programs and courses offered by the university.
Complaints investigations: The directorate is key in addressing quality issues. It receives complaints from staff and students on work/study-related issues such as abuse, conditions for teaching and learning etc.
Certificate verification for staff and the student: The directorate verifies certificates of both staff and students to ensure applicants who present fake certificates are dealt with according to the law.
Seminars: The QAD organises seminars and workshops for staff and students on work and quality-related issues.
Annual Performance reviews of staff: The directorate carries out annual performance appraisal of all academic staff by collating their teaching, research outputs, community service, among others.
Student Satisfaction Surveys: These surveys measure the university’s responsiveness to academic and social issues bothering students.
Location: 2nd Floor, Faculty of Engineering Block
Telephone No.: +233(030)-396-6155
Email address: email@example.com