Patrick Baayel is an Assistant Librarian in the Electronic Resource Library at Koforidua Technical University (KTU) in Ghana. He holds a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), and Master of Arts (MA) degrees, all in the subject of Information Studies from the University of Ghana, Legon. He also holds an MA in Communication and Media Studies from the University of Education Winneba (UEW), Ghana. His major research areas focus on user awareness, access to electronic resources (e-resources), students’ information literacy skills development, and marketing of library and information resources.
- MPHIL IN INFORMATION STUDIES-University of Ghana, Legon, From 2016-2018
- MA in Communication and Media Studies (Business Communication Option)-University of Education, Winneba (UEW) 2015-2017
- Master of Arts (MA) in Information Studies (Library Studies Option)-University of Ghana, Legon. From 2014-2015
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) In Information Studies & Sociology-University of Ghana, Legon, 2010-2013LibrarySenior Assistant Librarian
- Diploma in Librarianship University of Ghana, Legon. From 2007-2009
- Marketing of library resources & services
- Information literacy skills for students and faculty
- Enhancing PR Skills of the reference librarian
- Provision of library Resources in Electronic Environment
- Crisis Management in Corporate Communication
- Corporate communication and change management
- Baayel, P. & Asante, E., (2019). Faculty’s Information Seeking Behavior in an ICT Environment: A Study of Koforidua Technical University. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2529.
- Baayel, P. & Asante, E. (2019). Students’ awareness and use of electronic information resources: a study of Koforidua Technical University’, J. Social Media and Interactive Learning Environments, 6, (2), 122–136.
- Baada, F. N. A., Baayel, P., Bekoe, S., & Banbil, S. (2019). Users’ Perception of the Quality of Public Library Services in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana: An Application of the LibQUAL+ Model. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal)
- Asante, E., Baayel, P., & Owusu-Acheaw, M. (2016). Emerging Trends in the Use of E-Resources and E-Services for National Development: The Role of the 21st Century Information Professional. Ghana Library Journal, 26(2), 93-103.
- Lomatey, I. T., Abledu, G. K., Baayel, P., Akussah, M., & Botchway, H. K. (2016). A scientometric analysis of research performance of Ghanaian polytechnics. International Journal of Modern Education Research, 3(5), 37-40.
- Markwei, E. & Baayel (2016). An Assessment of Birth Order Effect on Student’s Academic Performance; Evidence from Tertiary Students in Ghana. Conference paper presented during KTU 8th annual applied & research conference.