Michael is a Lecturer in the division of Structural Engineering for the Civil Engineering Department. His interest lies in Seismic Base Isolation, Attenuation of seismic effects from buildings, Structural Analysis and Design, Reinforced Concrete Design, Retrofitting, and Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings, Seismic Performance of Frame-Shear Wall.
- MEng. Structural Engineering, China P. R.
- BSc. Civil Engineering, Ghana
- Chinese (written & spoken)
- Seismic base isolation
- Retrofitting and rehabilitation of existing building structures
- Seismic performance of the frame-shear wall
- K-type eccentrically braced frames in electric dust evacuation machines
- Professional Engineer– Ghana Institution of Engineering (PE-GhIE)
- Structural analysis and designs of hotels, museums, flue gas chamber, offices, classroom blocks, residential apartments, warehouses, etc.
- Structural integrity assessment of hotels, classroom blocks, residential apartments, offices
- Seismic base isolation in seismic analysis and design
Zhang Y, Zhao J. C., Okine M. N. S, Shi X. L., Wen S. Z., Jin C. W., Chao L. D. (2017). Application and research of K-type Eccentrically Braced Steel Frames in factory dust removal machines. Journal of Lanzhou Institute of Technology, 24(3), pp. 20–26
Okine M. N. S., Zhao J. C., Zhang Y. (2016). Base Isolation in Retrofitting an Existing Office Building in Pingliang City, China. 2nd International Conference on Architecture, Structure, and Civil Engineering (ICASCE’16) (pp. 174–179). London: Universal Researchers in Civil and Architecture Engineering (URCAE). https://doi.org/10.17758/UR.U0316345
Okine M. N. S., Zhao J. C., Hamed A. M. W. (2015). Seismic base isolation in strengthening an existing retrofitted masonry reinforced concrete building in Huating – china. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, IJRET, 4(10), pp. 168–175. https://doi.org/10.15623/ijret.2015.0410029