Emmanuel is a lecturer in Hospitality and Tourism Management. He holds a Master of Philosophy in Hospitality Management from the University of Cape Coast and is a Certified Hotel Industry Analyst (CHIA) by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI), The International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (CHRIE), and the STR Inc. He is also a member of the Pacific Asia Travel Association, and the Institute of Hospitality, Ghana. His research focuses on human resource management, tourism development, sustainable tourism, and tourists’ behaviour. The central themes of his current works are tourists’ sustainable behaviour and work-family conflict in the hospitality and tourism industry. Emmanuel has been invited and currently serves on the editorial board of the European Journal of Management Issues. He is also serving as a reviewer for many top-ranked journals in his field including Tourism Management Perspectives, and International Journal of Hospitality Management.
- (2014) University of Cape Coast- Hospitality Management
- (Hons) (2010) University of Cape Coast- Tourism
- Work-Family Conflict
- Hospitality and Tourism Education
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Sustainable Tourists’ Behaviour
- Service quality and Innovation
- Technology Strategies in Hotel, Tourism, and Events
- Institute of Hospitality Ghana (IH, Ghana)
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- Tourism Research Information Network (TRINET)
- Work and Family Researchers Network (WFRN)
- Amissah, E. F., Opoku Mensah, A., Mensah, I., & Gamor, E. (2020). Students’ Perceptions of Careers in Ghana’s Hospitality and Tourism Industry. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 32(1), 1-13.
- Kugbonu, M. A., & Gamor, E. (2017). International tourists’ expenditure on souvenirs in Ghana: Do their socio-demographics have any influence? International Journal of Technology and Management Research, 2(3), 1-8.
- Gamor, E., Amissah, E. F, Amissah, A., & Nartey, E. (2017). Factors of work-family conflict in the Ghanaian hospitality industry. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 1-20, DOI: 10.1080/15332845.2017.1328263
- Nartey, E., Owusu, J., Gamor, E., & Mensah, E. E. (2017). Assessment of Knowledge and Practices of Food Hygiene and Safety of Caterers in Senior High Schools in Ghana: A Case Study of Two Senior High Schools in Koforidua. ADRRI Journal of Agriculture and Food Sciences, Ghana, 3(3), 1-15.
- Nartey, E., Owusu, J., Gamor, E., Mensah, E. E. (2017). Knowledge and practices of hygiene of fresh-cut fruit vendors- A case study of New Juaben Municipality in the Eastern Region of Ghana. International Journal of Technology and Management Research, 2: 1, 36-45.
- Amissah, E. F., Gamor, E., Deri, M. N. & Amissah, A. (2016). Factors Influencing employee job satisfaction in Ghana’s hotel industry. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 15:2, 166-182, DOI:10.1080/15332845.2016.1084858
- Gamor, E., Amissah, E. F., & Boakye, K. A. (2014). Work-family conflict among hotel employees in Sekondi-Takoradi Metropolis, Ghana. Tourism Management Perspectives, 12, 1-8.