Buckman Akuffo is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Applied Mathematics. His interest is in Time Series and financial modelling. Specifically in modelling structural breaks for forecasts in dimensional series. Buckman also develops models for effective and efficient on-line teaching and learning for inclusive and life – long learning.
- MSc Statistics (2012), KNUST/RUCST, Ghana.
- MBA Finance (2009), Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, (GIMPA) – Green Hill, Accra – Ghana.
- BSc Mathematics (2001), KNUST – Ghana
- HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering (1998), Kumasi Technical University, Former Polytechnic, Ghana.
- Structural Break detection
- Structural breaks in dimensional series for forecasts
- Forecast Reconciliation Models
- Intervention Models
- Open and Distance Learning Models for tertiary institutions and the Informal Sector.
- AAIR. Membership ID: MATH-AAIR-1001.
- Ghana Mathematical Society.
- Akuffo, B., Dzisi S., and Okae-Adjei S. (2019). Flipped Learning as an Alternative for Effective and Efficient Learning Pathway in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). Evidence from Koforidua Technical University. Commonwealth of Learning:col.org
- Akuffo, B., Okae-Adjei S., and Baah P. (2017). A Markov Chain Approach to study Academic Promotions in Ghanaian Universities. Asian Research Journal of Mathematics 5(2): 1 – 12.
- Akuffo, B., Okae-Adjei S., and Smile A. Dzisi. (2017). Informal Training in Perspective: An Example from Koforidua Technical University. Asian Research Journal of Arts & Social Sciences 3(2): 1 – 8.
- Akuffo, B., Okae-Adjei S., and Gyasi–Agyei A. K. (2016). Fuzzy classification of life insurance companies in Ghana using financial ratios. Africa Development and Resources Research Institute (ADRRI), 25 No. 5(3), pp 11 – 20.
- Akuffo, B., Abledu, G. K. and Ampaw, M. E. (2014). A Cointegration analysis of inflation and interest rate volatility in Ghana. Africa Development and Resources Research Institute (ADRRI), 9 No. 2, pp 190 – 204.
- Akuffo, B., Ampaw, M. E., and Lartey, S. (2014). Conditional Heteroscedasticity: GARCH model with application to interest rate in Ghana. International Institute of Science and Technology Education – Mathematical Theory and Modelling Journal, 4 No. 6, pp. 32 – 46.
- Akuffo, B. and Ampaw, M. E. (2013). An Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) Model for Ghana’s Inflation. International Institute of Science and Technology Education – Mathematical Theory and Modelling Journal, 3 No. 3, pp. 10 – 26.
- Abledu G. K., Akuffo B., Adade T., and Kwofie S. (2016). Comparison of Logistic Regression and Linear Discriminant Analyses of the Determinants of Financial Sustainability of Rural Banks in Ghana. American Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics 5(2): 49 – 57.
- Okae–Adjei S. and Akuffo, B. (2016). Skill Gap and Interventions for Junior High School Leavers in the Eastern Region of Ghana – Koforidua Polytechnic Experience. International Journal of Management and Humanities (IJMH), 2 Issue 2, pp 3 – 9.
- Okae-Adjei S., Akuffo, B., and Amartei, C. (2016) Ghana’s school feeding programme in perspective: A case study of the Akuapem North Municipality in the Eastern Region. International Journal of Technology and Management Research, 5 (2016): 31 – 41
- Ampaw, M. E., Akuffo, B. Opoku-Larbi (2013). Time Series analysis of rainfall data in the New Juaben Municipality of the Eastern Region of Ghana. International Journal of Business and Social Science (IJBSS), Vol. 4 No. 8, pp. 116 – 129.
- Lartey, S., Akuffo, B. and Ampaw, M., (2014). Multiple Regression and Structural Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Ghana (1994 – 2010). International Journal of Business and Social Research (IJBSR), Vol. 4 No 4, pp. 65 – 82.
- Ampaw, M. E., Akuffo, B. Opoku-Larbi , and Baffoe S. (2014). Principal Component Analysis (PCA) of Customer Choice of Telecommunication Networks in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Africa Development and Resources Research Institute (ADRRI) Journal, Vol. 9 No. 2, pp 22 – 40.