Alfred is a Lecturer in Environmental Management and Technology. Alfred’s interest is in Environmental Engineering and Management.
- Programme coordinator (examination) for Faculty of Built and Natural Environment
- Teaching of Environmental Management and Technology programmes
- Pursuing research and knowledge transfer activities
- Partaking in programmes and curriculum development
- Leading the development of new educational initiatives.
- Research work supervision
- MSc. Environmental and Land Planning Engineering (2011), Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- BSc Agricultural Engineering (2006), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
- Contaminant fate, transport and remediation
- wastewater treatment
- water quality determinations
- contaminated land and water
- Member – Institution of Engineering and Technology, Ghana
Books and Book Chapters
Alfred Awuah and Felix Opoku Boamah, (2017) Geophysical Prospecting In Basaltic Scenarios. Lambert Academic Publishers
- Awuah A, Odoom W and Awunyamah M, (2018) Effects of encroachment on Ghana’s wildlife and protected areas: A case study of Korlor forest reserve in the Volta Region. ISSN 2278-3687(O), 2277-663X (P), vol. 7, No 2, 2018, 596 – 606.
- Kwofie S, Awuah, A and Yankey IK, (2015) Support to Civil Society Organisations to increase Natural Resources Management and Environmental Governance in Ghana. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development. ISSN 2222-1700(paper), ISSN 2222-2855(online), vol. 6, No 10, 2015
International Conferences and Workshops:
- Workshop organized by e-magin Ghana in collaboration with University of Cape Coast, European Union, Adelphi. Training of trainers on business fundamentals about e- waste management in Ghana at ST Theresa catholic church, North Kaneshie, Accra on 15th August, 2020.
- Workshop organized by e-magin Ghana in collaboration with University of Cape Coast, European Union, Adelphi. City Waste Recycling Ltd and Ghana National Cleaner Production Centre on agenda for regional policy roundtable dialogue about e- waste management in Ghana at Koforidua Technical University on 7th August, 2019.
- Workshop organized by e-magin Ghana in collaboration with University of Cape Coast, European Union, Adelphi. City Waste Recycling Ltd and Ghana National Cleaner Production Centre on training of trainers on formalisation of e- waste management in Ghana at Accra Technical University on 20th August, 2019
- 8th Annual International Applied Research Conference Koforidua Polytechnic –Ghana, West Africa 13th to 15th July, 2015.