Koforidua Technical University wishes to inform all prospective students and the general public that Application Forms for Admission into a Four (4) Year Full-Time and Weekend programme in Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics for the 2020/21 academic year are now on sale:
- A) FOUR (4) YEAR BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME IN MECHATRONICS
- i) SSSCE APPLICANTS
Passes (A-C) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science; and must possess a minimum of C in Physics/Elective Mathematics and any two (2) of the following; Engineering Science, Chemistry, Biology, Metal Work, Auto Mechanics, Basic Electronics, Woodwork, Technical Drawing and Blockwork.
- ii) WASSCE APPLICANTS
Passes (A1-C6) in three (3) core subjects namely English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science; and must possess a minimum of C6 in Physics/Elective Mathematics and any two (2) of the following; Engineering Science, Chemistry, Biology, Metal Work, Auto Mechanics, Basic Electronics, Woodwork, Technical Drawing and Blockwork.
iii) GCE ‘O’ AND ‘A’ LEVEL APPLICANTS
Passes in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other relevant subjects; Engineering Science, Chemistry, Biology, Metal Work, Auto Mechanics, Basic Electronics, Woodwork and Technical Drawing.
- iv) APPLICANTS FROM TECHNICAL INSTITUTES
Credit Passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science, as well as passes in the relevant elective courses, will enroll at level 100.
- HND, UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA AND TECHNICIANS
- Holders of Higher National Diploma certificate in any of the following options: Mechanical, Automotive, Energy Systems, and Electrical Engineering will enroll at Level 200.
- Applicants with passes in Mechanical Engineering Part II (MET II), Motor Vehicle Technician Part II (MVT II), Electrical Engineering Technician Part II (EET II) and Construction Technician Part II (CTC II) will enroll at Level 100.
- Applicants with passes in Mechanical Engineering Technician Part III (MET III), Motor Vehicle Technician Part III (MVT III), Electrical Engineering Part III (EET III) and Construction Technician Certificate Part III (CTC III) will enroll at level 100.
- Applicants with University Diploma will enroll at Level 100.
- vi) MATURE APPLICANTS
- Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old at the time of application and must show proof of age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which should be five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must pass a written test in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge to be conducted by Koforidua Technical University.
- Must have obtained a pass at MET I, MVT I, EET I, CTC I
- GCE ‘O’ Level, SSSCE/WASSSCE Applicants must have obtained passes in English Language, Mathematics, and any two of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Metal Work and Technical Drawing.
- Must have at least one-year working experience in a related field (A letter from the employer is required as evidence of working experience).
- Mature Applicants’ are informed that this years’ mature entrance examinations will be conducted online and they have been scheduled for Saturday, 1st and Sunday, 2nd August 2020.
vii) FOREIGN APPLICANTS
Applicants must possess English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics and a pass in one Arts subject.
viii) OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Other qualifications acceptable for consideration for admission include International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, GCSE, American Grade 13 examinations and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels)
- B) MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants can only apply online via the Koforidua Technical University online application portal. The procedure is as follows:
- Ghanaian Applicants are to make payment of One Hundred and Sixty Ghana Cedis (GH₵160.00) for the Koforidua Technical University On-line Serial Numbers (OSN) E-Vouchers at Koforidua Technical University Campus – Cash Office or at any Republic Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Universal Merchant Bank, Prudential Bank, Fidelity Bank branches throughout the country.
- Foreign Applicants can purchase On-line Serial Numbers (OSN) E-Vouchers online by visiting www.ktu.edu.gh/applyonline using any VISA Card enabled for online purchase at the cost ($50.00).
- Applicants can also purchase admission voucher with MTN Short Code by dialling *700*88# or *887*18# (All networks)
and follow the procedure below:
- Enter Name or Alias of Institution (eg. Koforidua Technical University or KTU)
- Select the specific voucher to purchase. (The name and the amount are displayed)
- Enter MoMo PIN to Authorize payment
- A voucher will be sent via SMS
- when the voucher is received, you may proceed to the next instruction (4.)
- Access the online forms by visiting our online application portal at http://applyonline.ktu.edu.gh after payment.
- When completing the online forms, applicants will be required to upload their passport size photographs and result slips/certificates. Note: Photographs must be on a white background.
- Applicants awaiting results are eligible to apply.
Online applications should be submitted not later than Friday, 2nd October 2020. However, the deadline for mature applications is July 31, 2020.
For further details on the online application process and the available programmes of study for the 2020/2021 academic year, please visit www.ktu.edu.gh. Applicants can only apply online via the Koforidua Technical University online application portal.
For general admission enquiries call: 0243428122, 0503263452. Enquiries should be made within working hours from 8 am – 5 pm.