The Financial Aid Board (FAB) supports the vision of the University to offer high-quality career-focused education to produce human resources with capabilities to meet national development needs. This is to significantly reduce or eliminate financial barriers that might prohibit or inhibit students’ access to Koforidua University.
The FAB, thus, provides financial assistance to students who, without such assistance, may not be able to readily access or meet their educational expenditure at the University.
To ensure that financial need is not a barrier to equal access to quality education for bright but needy students.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
We shall make the scholarship and financial aid process not cumbersome transparent, and credible. We will ensure that assistance is provided in an effective, timely, fair, and equitable manner to all who qualify.
Encourage the University to create and maintain work-study programmes and opportunities for students.
- Aggressively engage in sustainable fund-raising efforts, activities, and programmes.
- Encourage the establishment of scholarship schemes by individuals and organizations for specifically identifiable bodies, such as District Assemblies, religious denominations, etc.
Financial aid funds to help you and your family pay for educational expenses such as academic facility user fees. Financial aid is thus available and intended to remove the cost barriers that may prevent you from attaining your educational goals. Brilliant students who demonstrate significant financial need may qualify for financial aid.
For now, financial aid provided by the University involves financial support for academic fees only. Other additional elements like boarding and lodging, transportation and living expenses would be added as more resources become available.
TYPES OF FINANCIAL AID
Financial Aid at the university is in the form of a scholarship either in full or part.
In order to qualify to apply for and receive financial aid from the University, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
To be eligible for aid an applicant must satisfy all of the following conditions:
- Applicant must complete the Online Application Form.
- Must be a registered student of Koforidua University as enshrined in the student’s statutes.
- Must attend an interview and the panellists must be convinced that he/she really needs assistance from the Board.
- Must submit a written statement indicating why he/she needs assistance from the Board.
Must be a contributing continuing student of Koforidua University, i.e. they must not owe any freshmen fees.
- Must not have received any institutional/foundation scholarships, fee waivers or tuition exemptions.
- Must demonstrate his/her financial need to the Board, and must be ready to supply any document required for decision-making.
- Parents or Guardians must have suffered a momentary setback that has made it impossible for them to honour the ward’s financial obligations towards the University.
- A declaration by parent/guardian that he/she is unable to pay fees and must be endorsed by a Religious Leader, Lawyer, Chief, Medical Officer, Senior Public Servant, Minister, Chief or any Person of good standing as may be determined by the board
- Must be making excellent academic progress as determined by the University. If you are unsure about any of the items stated above, please contact the Students Financial Aid Office at the Guidance & Counselling Office in the AD Block, near KTU Radio or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0287-249222
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
The application process for financial aid commences in November of each year for continuing students. The awards are made by the middle of December in each academic year.
SOURCES OF FUNDS
The main source of funds for Student Financial Aid is contributions from students and contributions from the University’s internally generated fund (IGF).
Attempts are being made to source funds from the following bodies:
- District Assemblies
- Government Agencies
- Corporate Bodies
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- Public Spirited Individuals
Guidance & Counselling Office
Former Administration Block
Near KTU Radia
Students Financial Aid Office
P. O. Box KF 981, Koforidua – Ghana
0287-249222, 0273-677777; 0342094103
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
You are required to complete and submit an online application form through the student information portal (SIP). It is important that you respond fully to all the questions on the form that is applicable to you. You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/responses on your application are not clear.
The next step is an interview with shortlisted applicants. If your application is successful, you will receive written notification from the Financial Aid Office describing the kind of financial aid that you have been awarded. The award would be credited to your student account at the University.
If you have any questions you may call the Students Financial Aid Office on 0287-249222 or send an email to email@example.com. You may also walk in anytime during working hours.
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based on accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University Student’s Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Misrepresentation in any form or manner shall render an application null and void. Any awards made based on a misrepresentation shall be withdrawn or refunded by the applicant, and in addition, he/she also may be prosecuted.